Industrial Machine Shop & Commercial Parts Manufacturer
In 2014, the company was acquired by Scott Cummings, a longtime employee who oversaw the consolidation of its two Cedar Rapids locations. The merger helped bring the sales and manufacturing teams together and led to the company’s renaming.With the new ownership and facility, the industrial machine shop officially changed its name to JW Bell LLC and JWB Manufacturing from James W Bell Co., Inc. The company has continued to broaden its horizons, including reworking heavy equipment of all types.Some of the equipment it has started reworking includes those used in painting and blasting. The CNC machine shop specializes in the manufacture, sales, servicing, and parts replacements of:• Painting booths• Aggregate equipment manufacturing• Sandvik drilling• Aggregate processing
Machine Shop - Repairs & Manufacturing
JW Bell industrial tools suppliers have made a name for themselves as the best aggregate equipment and parts manufacturer. The company prides itself in being able to supply all its clients with the best equipment in the market.
Over the years, it has entered into partnership agreements with the best industrial equipment suppliers in the world to guarantee that its clients will always get the best services. Its agreements also mean that you’re assured of quality and great pricing at all times.
Relying on its expertise, experience, and services offered, the industrial tools manufacturer offers the best selection of aggregate processing machines in the industry.
The company has become an industry leader due to its flexibility and knowledge of these machines.
Its specialists understand that aggregate machine parts need expert care to deliver the best possible results. It’s also the only way to guarantee efficiency, especially when dealing with rock crushing equipment.
Founded in 1923 by James W. (Jimmy) Bell, JWBell Machine Shop is an aggregate processing specialist that is well equipped to handle any size project. The company has spent the better part of the last 98 years manufacturing construction equipment.
Although it initially focused on the manufacture of road construction equipment, it has evolved over the years to manufacture a blend of new construction equipment, including:
• Blending gates
• Portable plants
• Cross conveyors
• Crushing plants
Industrial Gearbox Repair
If your gearbox goes down, the only way to ensure that you bring your process availability back to 100% availability is through industrial gearbox repair. Allowing the specialists at JWBell to repair it for you is quicker and more cost-effective than getting a new one.
Problems related to the industrial gearbox can prove costly and may result in serious downtime if not appropriately addressed. Additionally, it may take months to get a replacement unit from the industrial tools suppliers, leaving you with the repair option.
Access to the right machinist tools and gearbox repair team can lower your costs and help you improve on the original OEM design. In the end, you should walk away with a working unit and a better than new gearbox.
The time taken to repair a gearbox is often shorter than the time taken to order a new unit.
How much does it cost to fix a gearbox?
The gearbox helps transfer power from the engine to the wheels and is among any industrial machine’s most crucial design elements. It’s also tasked with changing the rotational speed.
Typically, the amounts charged by the industrial machine shop to repair a broken gearbox will vary depending on the following:
• Year of manufacture
• The diagnosis made by the specialists
• Parts needed to fix the problem
It’s, therefore, impossible to estimate just how much it would cost you to have the problem fixed without first taking a look at the gearbox in question.
Is a speed reducer a gearbox?
A speed reducer is a fairly simple piece of machinery. Put simply, the speed reducer is a gear train between the machinery and the motor. Its job is to reduce the speed at which power gets transmitted.
Also known as gear reducers, speed reducers assist in duplicating the measure of torque generated by the information power source to enlarge the degree of usable work. The speed reducers have two primary functions:
• Take the torque produced by the input (power source) and multiply it
• As implied by their name, they assist in reducing the speed of the power source to ensure that the output has the correct speed.
To sum it up, gear reducers come in varying shapes and sizes, and some of the most commonly found gear reducers are, in fact, gearboxes.
Is it possible to repair a gearbox?
A gearbox is crucial to the smooth and safe running of any industrial machine. However, there may come a time when it needs to get repaired or replaced altogether. Also referred to as transmission, the gearbox helps increase the turning power while reducing the speed of the output shaft.
A machine’s transmission is normally quite efficient, but continued use means that it will require professional repairs every once in a while. You need a fully functioning gearbox for your industrial machine to operate efficiently.
If you notice any of the following signs, make sure to take it to a CNC machine shop for repairs.
• Problems changing gears—It indicates that something is wrong with the transmission system.
• Unusual noises—They may include clunking, buzzing, or whining noises. They’re an indication of gearbox trouble.
• Leaking fluid—Transmission fluid has a clear red color. A leak may lead to other issues with the gearbox, particularly when they’re left unattended for long.
• A burning smell—A burning smell means that the gears have started to overheat. It’s a problem that arises when the gearbox doesn’t have enough transmission fluid.
Mine-to-Mill Optimization of Aggregate Production
It refers to a total systems approach to reducing cost and energy in mining and mineral processing operations. Overall, the approach involves the modeling and sampling of processing and blasting, followed by a computer simulation.
The computer simulation aims to optimize the mining and mineral processing operation and develop better alternatives.
Rotating Equipment Repair
The only way to ensure that your rotating equipment will continue to operate normally is to institute a preventive maintenance program. Such a program ensures that all routine maintenance tasks will be performed on a regularly scheduled basis.
Ensuring that pre-defined maintenance occurs at specific intervals enables you to identify potential problems before they become bigger issues. Preventive care also extends the time spent between failures and repairs.
According to the rotating equipment repair specialists at the JWBell industrial machine shop, the preventive maintenance program should:
• Place safety first—Safety is always an issue when working around any moving components. Personnel dealing with the equipment should be educated on safety procedures and practices. There’s also a need to confirm that everyone involved is working under safe and tightly controlled conditions.
• Don’t wait for failure—Keep in mind that rotating equipment failure will ultimately cost you time and money. Preventive maintenance helps you adopt a proactive approach, allowing you to catch problems before the equipment breaks down.
• Record everything—Maintaining good records is key to good preventative maintenance. The personnel should always maintain good records of the equipment that is being worked on, the maintenance tasks performed, and the dates when this happened
• Share the responsibilities—Try to get more people involved by dividing the preventative maintenance responsibilities and tasks. Sharing the duties also makes it easier to respond to emerging issues.